"“We have lent a huge amount of money to the U.S. Of course we are concerned about the safety of our assets. To be honest, I am definitely a little worried.” "


Chinese premier Wen Jiabao 12th March 2009


""We have a financial system that is run by private shareholders, managed by private institutions, and we'd like to do our best to preserve that system."


Timothy Geithner US Secretary of the Treasury, previously President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.1/3/2009

Monday, October 30, 2006

Star Wars - Lord Patel afforded a preview of national Light Sabre

Pat Shanahan, vice president and general manager of Boeing Missile Defense Systems told me about the rollout of the modified Boeing 747-400F Airborne Laser (ABL) aircraft at Wichata. Kan today.

ABL, will provide a speed-of-light capability to destroy all classes of ballistic missiles in their boost phase of flight (raining nuclear waste on the host country.Ho.Ho.) . Boeing provides the modified aircraft , the battle management system and acts as overall systems integrator Pat tells me. ABL partners are Northrop Grumman, which supplies the high-energy laser and the beacon illuminator laser, and Lockheed Martin, which provides the nose-mounted turret in addition to the beam control/fire control system.

Pat introduces me to the bulky General Henry "Trey" Obering III, Director of the Missile Defense Agency,who in a bizarre off the record remark evoked the Jedi Knights vs Evil Empire saga. "I believe", he said, his eyes glistening, his lips salivating in a pitch reminiscent of Dr Strangelove, " ... we are building the forces of good to beat the forces of evil ... We are giving the American people their first light sabre."

"This is not the prettiest aircraft I have seen. It is not supposed to be pretty. It is supposed to be mean."
.... he said and wrenched my camera from me. Trey (who hails from Alabama and smiles a lot) tells me he was in charge of a US $28 billion budget as Mission Area Director for Information Dominance on the Air Staff.

I was able to snitch this pic that someone left behind on the colour photocopier... I think there are 4 engines on the 747. I think Trey drawed it a few years ago.

1 comment:

Apprentice said...

Nutters. Scifi as scifact.

Tsk.

(C) Very Seriously Disorganised Criminals 2002/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 - copy anything you wish