"“We have lent a huge amount of money to the U.S. Of course we are concerned about the safety of our assets. To be honest, I am definitely a little worried.” "


Chinese premier Wen Jiabao 12th March 2009


""We have a financial system that is run by private shareholders, managed by private institutions, and we'd like to do our best to preserve that system."


Timothy Geithner US Secretary of the Treasury, previously President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.1/3/2009

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Colonel Ted Westhusing RIP

On June 5, 2005 -- Colonel Ted Westhusing 44 was found dead in his trailer at Camp Dublin in Baghdad. At the time, he was the highest-ranking American soldier to die in Iraq. The Army's Criminal Investigation Command report on Westhusing's death explained it as a "perforating gunshot wound of the head and Manner of Death was suicide."

A handwritten note in block capitals was found near his body and its contents have just been released ....

Thanks for telling me it was a good day until I briefed you. Petraeus -- You are only interested in your career and provide no support to your staff -- no msn [mission] support and you don't care. I cannot support a msn that leads to corruption, human right abuses and liars. I am sullied -- no more. I didn't volunteer to support corrupt, money grubbing contractors, nor work for commanders only interested in themselves. I came to serve honorably and feel dishonored. I trust no Iraqi. I cannot live this way. All my love to my family, my wife and my precious children. I love you and trust you only. Death before being dishonored any more. Trust is essential -- I don't know who trust anymore. [sic] Why serve when you cannot accomplish the mission, when you no longer believe in the cause, when your every effort and breath to succeed meets with lies, lack of support, and selfishness? No more. Reevaluate yourselves, cdrs [commanders]. You are not what you think you are and I know it.

COL Ted Westhusing

Life needs trust. Trust is no more for me here in Iraq.

More about Ted here from Robert Lindsay , a Wayne Madsen report from Jan 2006 suggests his death was not suicide and gives details of murky dealing by the Carlyle Group which Ted had been exploring.

Robert Bryce I am Sullied-No More
The Texas Observer March 9th 2007

"The disillusion that killed Ted Westhusing is part of the invoice that America will be paying long after the United States pulls its last troops out of Iraq."

This is an article pointed to by commentator Dick Durata for which we are grateful .. we retain a close interest in General Petraeus - Go here for previous comments on the General and his role in winning the war (?) in Iraq.

1 comment:

Dick Durata said...

Robert Bryce has written a long piece about Westhusing. Evidently, the commanders he refers to in the note are Petraeus and Fils.

(C) Very Seriously Disorganised Criminals 2002/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 - copy anything you wish