"Cast Lead" the current phase in the Israeli genocide plan for the Palestinians in Gaza which kicked off before 9/11
The Invasion of Gaza: "Operation Cast Lead", Part of a Broader Israeli Military-Intelligence Agenda by Michel Chossudovsky @ Global Research.
He argues that Operation "Cast Lead" is but the latest phase in the so called "Operation Justified Vengeance" which is also called the "Dagan Plan", named after General (ret.) Meir Dagan, now head of Mossad.
"Operation Justified Vengeance" was presented in July 2001 (note this was prior to 9/11 - see Stepehen Sniegoski) to the Israeli government of Ariel Sharon by IDF chief of staff Shaul Mofaz, under the title "The Destruction of the Palestinian Authority and Disarmament of All Armed Forces".
"A contingency plan, codenamed Operation Justified Vengeance, was drawn up last June  to reoccupy all of the West Bank and possibly the Gaza Strip at a likely cost of "hundreds" of Israeli casualties." (Washington Times, 19 March 2002).
These included several steps which he identifies..
1. The assassination in November 2004 of Yasser Arafat "Arafat, the person, is a severe threat to the security of the state [of Israel], and the damage which will result from his disappearance is less than the damage caused by his existence."
2. The removal, under the orders of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon in 2005, of all Jewish settlements in Gaza. A Jewish population of over 7,000 was relocated.
3. The building of the infamous Apartheid Wall
4. The Hamas election victory in January 2006. Without Arafat, the Israeli military-intelligence architects knew that Fatah under Mahmoud Abbas would loose the elections. This was part of the scenario, which had been envisaged and analyzed well in advance and the quisling Abbas installed as the chosen leader for the Arabs, eventually, after the schism with Hamas had been manufactured..
With Hamas in charge of the Palestinian authority, using the pretext that Hamas is a terrorist organization, Israel would carry out the process of "cantonization" as formulated under the Dagan plan. Fatah under Mahmoud Abbas would remain formally in charge of the West Bank. The duly elected Hamas government would be confined to the Gaza strip.
5. We are now seeing the " invasion of Palestinian-controlled territory by some 30,000 Israeli soldiers, with the clearly defined mission of destroying the infrastructure of the Palestinian leadership and collecting weaponry currently possessed by the various Palestinian forces, and expelling or killing its military leadership. "((Ellis Shulman, "Operation Justified Vengeance": a Secret Plan to Destroy the Palestinian Authority, March 2001):
6. Mass expulsion could occur at some later stage of the ground invasion, were the Israelis to open up Gaza's borders to allow for an exodus of population. Expulsion was referred to by Ariel Sharon as the "a 1948 style solution". For Sharon "it is only necessary to find another state for the Palestinians. -'Jordan is Palestine' - was the phrase that Sharon coined." (Tanya Reinhart, Evil Unleashed, Israel's move to destroy the Palestinian Authority is a calculated plan, long in the making, Global Research, December 2001. Details of the document were published in Ma'ariv, July 6, 2001.).
It is of interest that the Ruritanian Hashemites sat in Amman are surprisingly vociferous in their opposition to "Cast lead" - the last thing they wish, is a further influx of Palestinian refugees.
7. The broader question Chossudovsky ponders is ," whether Israel in consultation with Washington is intent upon triggering a wider war."
To which the answer of anyone familiar with the wails from AIPAC over the last 2 years means an outright attack on Iran.
PS : Stepehn Sigorski in "September 11 and the war in Palestine " makes a persuasive case that that in the context of the American "war on terrorism," "Sharon got his green light in Washington" to smash the Palestinians.
He says, " it seems reasonable to propose that if the Israeli spies in the United States did know of the impending 9/11 attack, they certainly would not have done anything to try to prevent it. Indeed, it is conceivable that they might have sought to facilitate such an ideal condition, if such assistance became necessary. Such an explanation would account for the presence of the Israeli explosive experts in the United States ..."
"Given the kid-gloves treatment the major American media afford Israel, there seems to be virtually no chance that their reporters might plumb the depths of a murky conspiracy to implicate the Israelis in 9/11. Thus far the established media have managed to ignore the whole Israeli spy issue — especially the question, which cries out for an answer, of what all those spies were doing on these shores. The likelihood that the U.S. government wanted a terrorist incident to provide the rationale for military intervention would provide additional reason, if one were required, why no Israeli involvement in the vast crimes of 9/11 would ever be uncovered. "