"“We have lent a huge amount of money to the U.S. Of course we are concerned about the safety of our assets. To be honest, I am definitely a little worried.” "


Chinese premier Wen Jiabao 12th March 2009


""We have a financial system that is run by private shareholders, managed by private institutions, and we'd like to do our best to preserve that system."


Timothy Geithner US Secretary of the Treasury, previously President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.1/3/2009

Monday, March 19, 2007

Stones for the IOW

Mick called me to tell me that The Rolling Stones last played in a UK festival at Knebworth on 21st August 1976...19 years ago!

The good news he tells me is that they are now booked to Headline at Sea close Park, Isle of Wight on Sunday 10th June supported by Keane, The Fratellis frae Glasgae (pic), James Morrison and Paolo Nutini - who supported them last year in Vienna and Sheffield Arena. (Already sold out)

Mick is also looking to finish their summer touring with his first visit to Russia to play St Petersburg in August at a date and place to be fixed, especially since the date was cancelled last year.

Were they going to play Sympathy for the Devil I enquired .. You know



I stuck around St. Petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Killed the czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain
I rode a tank
Held a generals rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank

Pleeezed to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah ......



"Sure." He said

No comments:

(C) Very Seriously Disorganised Criminals 2002/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 - copy anything you wish