Lord Browne met 27 year old computer operator Canadian Jeff Chevalier through a male escort website Suited and Booted(founded 1998 claims to be the first and largest internet-based service in the UK and describes itself as "London's premier escort agency/ site is down today due to "technical reasons)and not whilst jogging in Battersea Park.
Jeff was not a liar, unstable, and adversely affected by dependence on alcohol and illegal drugs – although Lord Browne's butler said he had noticed their wine stocks were diminishing.
These lies, which gilded his objections and request for an injunction to the Mail on Sunday publishing Jeff's ** interview with them, has led to his immediate resignation, and it is said a further £15 Mn of terminal benefits *** from BP whom he has served for 41 years.
Justice David Eady said today that Lord Browne “quite deliberately, and casually, chose to lie” to the London court about his involvement with Mr. Chevalier. (Full judgement Times today)
Lord Brown tells lies ...loses his job.
In the US "Randy" Tobias frankly tells ABC when he was "outed" as a customer of Madame Palfrey's home massage delivery service that yeas he did " call them up to send over a girl for a massage", and further, that since they closed down, he had transferred his business elsewhere. Not the whole truth maybe ... but let that pass.
The next day he handed in his dinner pail to his boss ... Condileezza Rice.
"Randy" admits the truth .. loses his job.
Gee... it's tough
on at the top.
The company said that as a result of Lord Browne's decision to resign he would lose his agreed entitlement to a year's notice including a bonus of up to 1.3 times his annual salary, worth in total over £3.5 million. He would also forego inclusion in the long-term performance share plan for 2007-2009 with a maximum potential value of some £12 million.... Ouuuch!!!! (In 2004 he earned over £5m)
** Jeff (see pic)claims ....
• BP resources were diverted for his benefit, he was given computers and technical support staff while a company was set up for him involving BP personnel (Lord Browne is said to have helped set up a company for him to trade in mobile phone ring-tones, with Lord Browne and another executive from BP as directors.)
• A senior member of BP staff was tasked with running personal errands for Lord Browne, including delivering cash to his former lover.
• The BP chief paid for Mr. Chevalier's studies, as well as a large sum over their 4 years 2002/6 together.Lord Browne took various steps to enable Mr Chevalier, whose visa was due to run out early on in the relationship, to remain in the country.
• Browne discussed EU policy and Chinese textile quotas with Peter Mandelson, the EU commissioner, and Mandelson's Brazilian boyfriend Reinaldo Avila da Silva.
• A flat in Venice bought by Lord Browne underwent repairs for which the building company presented two bills, one with VAT and one without. Mr. Chevalier claimed Lord Browne paid cash to "dodge" his tax bill.
• Chevalier said Lord Browne provided him with funds towards a 12-month lease on a Toronto flat and furnishings.
• He also claimed that Lord Browne agreed "that if needed, (he) would assist in the first year of me transitioning from living in multimillion-pound homes around the world, flying in private jets, five-star hotels, £2,000 suits, and so on to a less than modest life in Canada."
and there's more....
As you know the government's long-term counter-terrorism strategy for the UK goes under the title CONTEST (what was I saying about acronyms earlier?).
CONTEST has four pillars, the four Ps:
- Protect, and
All four of those pillars has a communications component, two of them in particular – Prevent and Prepare.
There has been an hiatus today - Normal service is resumed ..consequences of trading down from BT internet to TalkTalk.