Rachel North reports on the CCTV film the Police have produced from 7/7 bombings - nobody else does. yet.
Rachel North has done a sterling service by providing the best account of the CCTV provided by the Police on Friday at the 7/7 supporters Trial.
Your can read her full account here . This is an attempt to provide an annotated list thast extract the fact from the opinion - not necessarily in the order she reports them shown.
We saw CCTV footage - never seen in public before
1. The departure from 18 Alexander Grove, (the bomb factory address.) - of the 7/7 bombers sky blue Nissan Micra, hired from a Leeds car rental firm, leaving for London in the early hours of 7 July 2005. No time given.
2. Woodall Services on the westbound M1 (this probably means South bound) at 4.53am, 7/7/05 Shehzad Tanweer in white trousers and white branded sports top with a black coat stopping to put petrol in at 4.51am, then entering the petrol station shop at 4.54am, returning with a carrier bag of goods, ( sandwiches and snacks) - and the car driving away at 5.14am. (Total 21 mins)
3. Germaine Lindsey, waiting at Luton station. Walking from the car park where he parked his burgundy Fiat Bravo near to the entrance of Luton station at 6.41am. Moving about, sometimes off-camera in the ticket hall for three minutes. Walking to the exit again, his mobile in his left hand, at 6.44am. Getting back in his car and repositioning the Fiat nearer the ticket hall.
4. 6.51am the Micra arriving containing the 3 from Leeds and parks next to Lindsey's Fiat Bravo. At 6.53 there is movement between the two vehicles and the boot is opened and closed several times. At 7.14am Lindsey goes back into the ticket hall, a minute later, he returns to the group and at 7.16am the men put on their rucksacks and leave the car park for the station.
5. At 7.25 the men are on the concourse, getting onto a Thameslink train bound for London. At 8.25am the men arrive at Kings Cross station, move to the London Underground network and separate at 8.26am.
6 . Various shots from station CCTV of actual blasts from tunnel. Exploded train at Edgware Rd. We saw footage of the Aldgate train explosion, seen from the Liverpool St platform it departed from. Passengers crouching in shock, smoke pluming and billowing, two police officers going to the platform. Then the same platform again from a different angle. Then stills of the exploded carriage are shown. Torn apart, as lives of the living and dead were torn apart. (No film on board trains)
Next, stills of the Piccadilly line train, (on which RN was a passnegr) externally of carriages.
7. CCTV of Hasib Hussein, exiting Kings Cross Underground station at 8.54am, then heading through Boots at 8.59am. Moving across the main railway station concourse at 9am, bending over outside next door shop WH Smiths
7a. We heard how witnesses saw Hussein waiting on a bench on the Northern line platform at 8.45am, exiting the Northern/Victoria line escalator, Making a purchase, something that looks like a battery at 9.04am.
8. At 9.05, Hussein leaves the King's Cross concourse, heading out of the railway station, and by 9.07am he is out of the station, crossing York Way and heading into McDonalds at 9.15am , as rain falls. Two minutes later he is out of McDonalds and heading up Gray's Inn Rd, towards Euston Rd, making calls on his mobile. By 9.20am he is in Euston Rd, having slipped on a pair of sunglasses.
10. He took the 91 bus to Euston Square, where the driver told the passengers to get off. (Unclear if there is film of this.)
11. Hussein boards the number 30 bus, heading for Tavistock Square. (Unclear if there is film of this.)
12. CCTV footage of the exploding bus shot from inside the reception of the British Medical Association. The man at the desk, a woman in reception, ducking for cover, as the explosion happens, then the receptionist man going to the door, where the red bus, torn apart is smoking outside. Thirteen more people are dead.
13. Next we saw the footage from the bus in front of the No.30, the passengers jerking in shock as the bus explodes behind them.
14. Home movie (?) of Khan leaving for Pakistan. November 2004 apparently given by his wife to a friend who gave it to Police.
Without actually seeing the films and stills it is difficult to comment but 2 principal queries come to mind immediately.
1. Where and why were cameras overlooking 18 Alexander Grove - presumably dark at that time.
2. At film 4 the times to not conform to the times showing on (some) of the famous (and only) shot of the 4 together seen so far - 7.21. Apparently film shows them "At 7.25 the men are on the concourse, getting onto a Thameslink train bound for London" .. so why was there any complication / confusion about which train they caught ?.
Again, there is nothing that contradicts a theory that the bombers were not under the impression that they were on a drug courier run.
RN says that lawyers for the 3 defendents .."The defence are not contesting it; they are not contesting these facts " ... Surely the time for contesting the evidence is when it is considered and the people responsible can be cross examined on the source, accuracy of timing.. when perhaps the press copies will be available.
Anyway we must be grateful to RN for this snapshot so far... it is nice to see that the 8,000 pieces of CCTV have yielded some evidence.
There is some interesting discussion at Blairwatch. as well as at Rachel North's and R has contributed to discussion at 9/11 .
Cannot find anything in the weekend papers.